Laser scars removal
Advantages of the method
Photos before / after
Why exactly Esteva Clinic
Current prices and promotions
- The most comfortable removal of scars
- Minimal risks
- We use the CO2 laser – the “gold standard” among scar removal procedures
Is it possible to remove scars on the face with a laser? What is laser scar resurfacing? How does the scar removal procedure work? These questions are asked by many patients of Esteva Clinic aesthetic medicine and dermatology clinic.
The consequences of injuries, surgical interventions, and acne breakouts leave ugly, rough skin growths — scars. Sometimes they cause pain and itching, more often they serve as an unpleasant reminder. On open areas of the body, especially on the face, scars distort the appearance, leading to a feeling of dissatisfaction with one’s appearance and experience.
Advantages of laser technique
Laser scar removal reduces the size and appearance of scars without damaging the surrounding skin. In just a few quick treatment sessions, scars become less noticeable and the appearance more attractive.
Laser removal of scars and scars has the following advantages:
- the procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, there is no need to go to the hospital;
- external means of local anesthesia are used to minimize discomfort;
- treatment is carried out by short non-invasive sessions without surgical intervention;
- minimal risks of unwanted side reactions;
- excellent result – improvement of the appearance of scars.
What you need to know about laser scar removal
Removal of scars in our clinic is performed on the Adonyss CarbonFrax device. This is a CO2 laser of a well-known brand, which received the approval of the American government agency FDA (The United States Food and Drug Administration). The device is distinguished by a wide range of operating modes, which allow you to choose the most accurate effect for each specific patient.
Laser scar removal at Esteva Clinic does not require surgery. The doctor carefully selects the parameters of the laser for each patient. The effect is carried out only on the damaged area, leaving the adjacent areas of healthy skin untouched.
The laser beam, penetrating deep into the dermis, forms "micropillars" with an elevated temperature there. As a result of the place of influence, the cells of the dermis begin to actively divide, restoring the surface; there is increased production of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid.
Contraindications to the procedure are:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- active phase of acne skin disease;
- skin ulcers and some dermatological diseases;
- intense pigmentation of the skin (tan);
- increased photosensitivity;
- poor blood coagulation and taking blood-thinning drugs.
Scar removal, like any other medical procedure, requires a careful approach and examination.
Esteva Clinic specialists are ready to receive you and advise you on the specifics of treatment, as well as recommend and conduct the most suitable course for you.
How to remove scars and scars with a CO2 laser
A scar is the formation of connective tissue at the site of skin damage. During the removal of scars, the upper layer of skin is removed with a laser, and a new, smoother and more beautiful one grows in its place. This is facilitated by uniform enhanced regeneration caused by the thermal effect of laser beam beams.
Not all types of scars can be treated with laser scar correction. This type of influence is most suitable for the following surface changes:
- scars after acne (postakne);
- surgical scars;
- scars from injuries;
- old burns.
There are several ways to deal with old scars, including plastic surgery. They are used if the scars are very large and penetrate deep into the dermis. However, most often doctors stop at the laser technique. The hardware method of removing scars can be supplemented with injection procedures, as well as the radio wave method, to achieve a better effect.
Removal of scars does not happen instantly. One session lasts 15-30 minutes, the number of sessions is determined by the doctor. It usually takes 3-4 sessions to get the desired result.
It should be noted that only a highly qualified specialist with extensive work experience can say whether it is possible to remove scars on the face with a laser in a specific case. The technology is very effective, but has limitations in use, which will be discussed later.
How to prepare for a scar removal procedure
Before laser scar removal procedures, the doctor will definitely examine you, study your history and tell you in detail about all the nuances of the treatment.
The review process itself looks like this:
- The doctor marks the area of action with a marker or a pen and treats it with an anesthetic.
- In the case of planned exposure to the face, the patient should wear protective glasses.
- The specialist affects the damaged area with a laser with precise movements. At this point, you may feel a warm, slight tingling sensation.
- After the procedure is completed, there will be noticeable redness at the scar site, swelling may appear, as in a sunburn. The doctor will apply a healing ointment to this area.
The procedure is repeated every 4-6 weeks.
Preparation for the procedure:
- Refrain from cosmetic procedures: epilation, peeling, collagen injections.
- Avoid direct sunlight before and after treatment. Laser therapy is not used on tanned skin.
- Give up smoking, it impairs the regenerative properties of the skin.
- Do not take aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), ibuprofen, naproxen, and the like; eliminate herbal supplements such as garlic or ginkgo biloba. They thin the blood and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Discuss all potential risks with the doctor and be sure to inform about the drugs that you take on a regular basis.
Removal of scars – photos before and after
The benefits of scar removal at Esteva Clinic
- Only certified dermatologists and cosmetologists with extensive work experience work in our clinic. Since 2015, Esteva Clinic has been providing excellent results in the field of aesthetic medicine and dermatology
- Our clients get the best result, because we work on high-quality modern equipment
- Esteva Clinic offers a wide selection of hardware and injection methods of cosmetology and dermatology. In combination with the experience of our specialists, this makes it possible to approach the treatment of scars more comprehensively
- The above advantages are confirmed by the high rating of the clinic on Google reviews – 4.9 out of 5 based on 110 reviews
How much does laser scar removal cost
Лазерне лікування рубців і розтяжок (стрій)
|Лазерна шліфовка рубців за 10 см
|Лазерна шліфовка рубців / розтяжок / стрій за 1 кв. см
|Лазерная шлифовка розтяжок / стрій за 10x10 см